BDR Thermea Group Carbon/GHG Expert and Coordinator (gesloten)
36-40hr per week
1-12-2021 / ASAP
Vacancy Group Carbon/GHG Expert and Coordinator
About BDR Thermea Group
We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of sustainable climate and sanitary hot water solutions and services around the world. With over 6,700 employees across Europe and annual sales close to €1.8 billion, we operate in over 102 countries worldwide. We own and sell many of the leading brands for heating products, including Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha and Chappee.
The Group Carbon/GHG Expert and Coordinator has as major job to support the Sustainability strategy with specific Technical expertise in decarbonization of BDR Thermea and management of carbon footprint at the Group level
The ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate has experience in developing and implementation on greenhouse gasses /carbon reduction schemes on carbon, GHG, waste and other aspects of environmental footprint & sustainability reporting and. This might be as a consultant or as a carbon manager in a corporate setting. By understanding the information needed to steer at group level, you are coordinating all the data already gathered from different, international business units and operating companies and turn this into actions. You do this by creating an internal community of professionals involved. By creating an overview on group level, you are able to develop proposals for reduction strategies.
- Carbon Management:
- Develop proposals for reduction strategies, roadmaps and implement yearly action plans;
- Supporting the Sustainability manager & Quality Director to determine levels of Greenhouse gas emissions (scope 1,2,3) at BDR Thermea Group. Your manager will be the Sustainability Manager.
- Establish and manage Carbon accounting; monitor & report via internal carbon/environmental dashboard.
- Develop and implement environmental & carbon dashboard and reporting process
- Coordination of the implementation of strategy and reductions schemes within group, operating companies and Business Development Units. Manage and coordinate with external vendors. All of which to enable the business to establish reports on carbon emissions;
- Responsible for establishing standards (e.g. SBTi), bring in expertise and knowledge sharing
- Develops internal knowledge base and ensures BDR Thermea Group is up to date with Climate legislations/regulations & policies (e.g. Offsetting, ETS, Carbon pricing).
- Environmental footprint:
- Supporting the business, while guarding the total Environmental footprint (other KPI’s than GHG emissions) at the Group level;
- Monitors environmental performance operating companies, develops proposals for Group policies together with experts in the Business Development Units & Operating Companies of BDR Thermea Group and/or external experts.
- Community building :
- Establish a network of professionals within the R&D and Procurement communities and build intra functional teams on project basis and different environmental topics;
- Responsible for mentoring a graduate and/or interns.
Education & Qualification
- At least 3 years Technical carbon footprint expertise
- Experience with building support or technical teams and/or network
- Proven experience with linking different functions R&D, Procurement, Operations at different leadership and technical levels;
- Experience with life-cycle analysis (LCA’s) or supply chain management
- Knowledge on GHG-accounting, carbon offset schemes (ETS) etc.
- Minimum 5 years working experience
- Master of Energy and/or Environmental sciences or similar master in sciences regarding sustainability
- Fluent in English
- You are a team player
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- You communicate well and can turn complex information into convincing messages
- You are passionate about sustainability and see the sense of urgency on climate change
What’s it like to work at BDR Thermea Group?
You will work in a motivated, technical organisation with a high level of ambition. You’ll receive an attractive remuneration package, flexible working hours, and many opportunities to remain up-to-date with the latest sector developments through training and courses.
In addition to this, we also offer you:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do
- Working closely along our Strategic Initiatives contributing towards the energy transition
- Being part of BDR Thermea Group and contributing to this
Are you interested? BDR Thermea works with external Recruitment Agent Sustainable Talent. Please react with your CV ánd cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . For questions, please contact them: 31(0)30-8882050.