BDR Thermea Group Sustainability Manager vacature (closed)
36-40hr per week
Do you want to contribute to the energy transition and lead the sustainability strategy for BDR Thermea?
About BDR Thermea Group
BDR Thermea Group is a world-leading manufacturer and distributor of smart heating and cooling solutions, systems and services. We operate in more than 100 countries, employing 6,500 people worldwide.
We develop and supply ground-breaking technologies that accelerate the global shift towards fully sustainable energy carriers. Our smart, connected and integrated tools and services cut energy bills and reduce carbon emissions.
About the ideal candidate
Are you an experienced professional with an expertise in sustainability? Can you drive change throughout the organization, and are you comfortable communicating at various levels of the organization? Are you an enthusiastic professional who enjoys the challenges and rewards of working in a multi-cultural and fast changing environment while contributing towards supporting an organization through an energy transition?
Sustainability is increasing in importance which deserves a fulltime attention to drive the initiatives throughout the organization. The Sustainability Manager will be responsible for defining & designing, together with the Managing Board and Group Quality Director, the Sustainability agenda and ensures the agenda is implemented. The focus is meet up to goals defined around 5 Sustainability Goals, being Reducing Carbon Footprint, working on a Circular Economy, working on Diversity and Inclusion, working on Training and Education and working on Safety at work. This role will also look for continuous improvement in the agenda and will be responsible for reporting the sustainability initiatives.
The Sustainability Manager is working with in the Quality Management team and has several Sustainability Ambassadors in the international business units as well in the Managing Board.
- 10+ years of experience in similar role/position in a technical environment
- University Masters degree; technical or financial background
- Data driven mindset
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a pré
- Knowledge / experience in Sustainability
- Able to interact at different levels within the organization (Sr Leadership + cross functions).
- Knowledge / experience in reporting (financial / integrated reporting)
- Experience in an international industry and/or multinational organization
- Experience with managing complex topics and using influential power to support the sustainability agenda
- 3+ years experience owning sustainability agenda/initiatives
- Experience creating a sustainability network internally & externally