ESG Analyst/Associate INREV Real Estate (open)
ESG Analyst/Associate INREV (Real Estate)
Do you have a passion for sustainability? Are you excited about working closely with industry experts
in shaping the ESG industry guidelines and practice?
INREV – the European Association in non-listed real estate vehicles – is looking for an ESG
Analyst/Associate to support in the next development stage of ESG integration and decarbonisation
journey for the real estate industry.
This role will allow the suitable candidate to make an impact on the industry by supporting leading real
estate organisations in achieving their sustainability goals, and by gaining knowledge and experience
in different areas of institutional real estate investment.
INREV is Europe’s leading platform for sharing knowledge on the non-listed real estate industry. Our
goal is to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice across the industry, making the
non-listed real estate investment industry more accessible and attractive to investors. We are a highly
active association and work for and with our members.
The INREV team is currently made up of 34 employees, with 31 in the Amsterdam office and 3 in the
There is a strong sense of team motivation, collaboration and excitement. New team
members will be expected to share in this, contributing ideas on setting high service standards,
expanding knowledge and awareness of INREV, and increasing the association’s competitiveness.
ESG is a key priority on our strategic agenda. We believe that in order to remain successful, real
estate organisations should integrate ESG factors into their strategy, operations and investment
decision-making process while securing the path towards Net Zero.
The ESG Analyst/Associate is part of INREVs Professional Standards team, which works closely
with the different experts of our members and other INREV departments, such as research and market
information, events and training, and public affairs to ensure that ESG factors and their impact are well
understood and addressed across the industry.
You will report directly to the Director of Professional Standards.
This is a new role within the Professional Standards team.
As an ESG Analyst/Associate, you will support and provide expertise to several INREV departments
on sustainability and ESG aspects and their applicability to the real estate industry.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact and gain a wide variety of experience in different areas
of institutional real estate investment (e.g. Sustainability reporting and performance, Regulations, Due
Diligence) and join a small, energetic, hands-on team of professionals.
You will work closely with committees and working groups to build and maintain a network of members
to encourage their participation in INREV projects. The role includes receiving and implementing members feedback to update industry guidance, and
developing ESG strategy roadmaps, tools and examples.
- Perform reviews and mappings of regulations and standards as well as sustainability
certifications and measurement tools
- Support with the project management of various ESG-related initiatives which include among
– Developing project briefs, presentations and specifications
– Planning and organising calls, preparing agendas and consolidating actions
– Monitoring milestone completion and tracking progress
– Creating and maintaining records of member queries
- Assist in sourcing ESG performance data and evaluating the quality and accuracy of
- Work closely with various INREV committees and working groups
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field related to sustainable real estate, environmental
engineering, or sustainable business and economics. Internships / prior ESG experience
within the real estate investment industry, development and construction, or alternative
investment sector is a plus
- Passionate about sustainability and ESG integration, with an eye to detail and quality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as you will liaise with a wide range of
stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Project management and analytical skills, hands-on, sociable, and flexible
- The candidate must be fluent in English (written and oral)
- Become part of a leading European association that is representing, promoting and shaping a growing industry
An energetic, multicultural and growing team
Fun team building events and monthly team drinks
One-year full time contract (40 hours a week)
- Annual leave of 25 days per year plus Dutch public holidays
Market competitive salary
- Hybrid working is possible, 3 days at the office and 2 days where you like to work
- Training budget available
If you are interested, please send your resume and short motivation letter to email@example.com. We invite international professionals with a valid EU working visum to respond as well.
Would you like to know more about this vacancy or do you have any questions please contact Marloes van Oorspronk or 00-31-(0)6-27877163.
Information and application procedure
After your application we will let you know if you are invited for a first online interview with one of Sustainable Talent Matchmakers.
The second round of interviews will take place with INREV online and the third round of talks will take place at the office of INREV at Amsterdam. References can be requested in consultation.
Start date: as soon as possible
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated