ESG Manager | Royal Sanders (gematcht)
Contract: Full-time | Locatie: Vlijmen, Noord Brabant
As ESG Manager, you operate within an ambitious and dynamic international organisation, reporting to the Group Management Board.
In this role, you are the driving force behind one of our key strategic pillars: Sustainability. You will lead the ESG effort within the Group by defining, coordinating and delivering an industry leading approach to all aspects of ESG. And, more importantly, by executing on the delivery of ESG results in close co-ordination with the Managing Directors of our companies, Purchasing and Operations teams, Commercial teams and Customers and Suppliers.
Who are we?
Our business processes consist of developing, producing and distributing a wide range of products such as shampoos, creams, lotions and deodorants. We produce these products for a number of international brands and for private labels of well-known retail and drugstore chains by operating out of 5 companies/factories in 4 countries. In addition, we have a number of own brands including Van Gils, Odorex, Proset, Sanicur and Melkmeisje. The corporate culture of Royal Sanders is hands on and no-nonsense with short communication lines and a strong focus on ‘every day better’.
These tasks will be part of your responsibilities:
- Be the driving force behind specific workstreams across companies, for example: i) reduction / elimination of micro-plastics, ii) increased usage of recycled packagings and refill packagings, iii) reduce water consumption and waste water, iv) social aspects such as accidents (LTAs), social policies, diversity and illness rates.
- Own the carbon reduction agenda across Scope 1, 2 and 3, working across the value chain to deliver industry leading performance. Ensure that our ESG strategy and achievements are understood by our stakeholders, working with all Managing Directors, Group Management Board, Customers and Suppliers.
- Company Managing Directors are end-responsible to execute on the ESG strategies, however they need support, advice, guidance and direction/targets from the Group ESG Manager.
- Support Group Officers and local Management Teams in defining and delivering on relevant ESG agenda’s, reflecting both the Group strategy and local requirements.
- Oversee the evolving external ESG landscape, with regards to regulations, standards, competitor analysis, trends, etc. This includes CSRD, GRI and other reporting requirements.
- Lead the production and delivery of the Group’s annual ESG report, including the ESG KPI’s and integral reporting. ESG reports and KPI databases exist for 2020 and 2021.
- Expand the usage of measurement tools and data to drive increased effectiveness of ESG objectives and communication to all stakeholders, including target setting to the companies.
- Support communication on all ESG matters with institutional investors, including index participation and ESG screening and scoring bodies.
Our dream candidate brings Royal Sanders to Ecovadis Platinum and executes the existing sustainability strategy. The sustainability strategy has been translated into concrete executions and work processes, clear to all companies and Managing Directors.
The workforce is really driving to diminish the plastics and packaging, and is eager to learn and put it into practice. Best practices and benchmarks are being shared and leveraged.
The CSRD and BI datasystems have been aligned with our ESG goals and the Group Reporting team is able to provide the right and required data.
You have a clear passion and vision for Sustainability and ESG, including how to deploy this in an international organization.
With a strong personality and drive, you are able to provide co-ordination, decision-making, execution and monitoring of all ESG aspects within the Group. You do this based on advanced analytical capabilities and a cooperating mentality with the Managing Directors and operational colleagues in the various companies and factories. They will need to understand how ESG affects their work and they are key to achieve ESG results. And, in addition, you are able to understand, interpret and balance the interests of all stakeholders in complicated processes in order to propose decisions taking all these interests into account. You have excellent communication skills, a hands-on mentality and work from a high-energy drive. You are able to promote and optimize development and innovation within the Group.
Required education and experience:
- Academic education and way-of-working/thinking, with a technical and/or business education.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of working experience in Operations and/or Purchasing with a clear link and passion to ESG. Preferably in a production environment with raw and pack materials.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a leadership / management role.
- Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and writing) and interpersonal skills and a true team-player.
- A healthy level of impatience and energy/drive to get things done across different disciplines and interests. Ability to work independently and self-starting.
- No-nonsense and hands-on personality and approach.
- Mastering Dutch is a pré, but not required,
- People from a diverse background feel welcome at Royal Sanders.
What do we offer:
Working at Royal Sanders means working in a challenging, dynamic and growing organization with large responsibilities. The job currently does not exist and therefore offers a lot of potential to drive and create it. It will also entail traveling within the Netherlands (2 companies), UK, Belgium and Germany.
It is a full-time position, for which you will receive a competitive salary based on education, experience and results.
A lease car, telephone and laptop are part of the terms of employment. On an annual basis you build up 25 vacation days and 92 ATV hours.
If you recognize yourself in the above profile, please send your CV and motivation via our apply button below.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact 0308882050 and recruiter Annick Schmeddes or Karin Jansens.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.