ESG reporting and strategy manager bij Domino’s Pizza (open)
36 – 40 hours
July 1st 2022
ESG Reporting & Strategy Manager
Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza delivery and takeaway company in the world. Our expertise and passion for making and delivering fresh hot pizzas has won us numerous awards, but more than that we have the loyalty of millions of pizza lovers around the world.
The first Domino’s Pizza store opened in 1960 in the state of Michigan in the United States. The success was so great that the company has since grown into a brand selling pizza in 90+ countries with more than 18,000 stores worldwide.
Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd (DPE) is the largest master franchisee of the Domino’s brand outside the United States of America, operating 3,200+ stores across ten markets and three continents, including Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Denmark and The Netherlands. DPE is publicly traded in Australia. It employs 92,000 people across its corporate operations and franchised network combined and serves nearly 30 million customers annually.
At DPE we’re strongly driven by our Purpose to bring people closer and our drive to do the right thing, because it is the right thing to do – which is one of our company values. Although ESG is a relatively new focus area to DPE, we took meaningful steps in implementing ESG into our business, as is also explained in our first sustainability report. ESG is now one of our company’s focus areas and we have set ambitious goals for instance with respect to climate change, ethical sourcing and diversity and inclusion.
Considering the importance of ESG to our business we are now expanding our global ESG team and are therefore looking for an ESG Reporting & Strategy Manager.
The ESG Reporting & Strategy Manager will be responsible for managing environmental sustainability program implementations and supporting sustainability strategies, roadmap development, and planning for restaurant operations, supply chain centers, and equipment innovation.
This role will also gather data and compose engagement and reporting content for internal and external stakeholders, including, for example, Domino’s sustainability report, climate/ESG disclosures, and stakeholder inquiries on sustainability.
The role will be based in The Netherlands and report to the Group Chief ESG Officer.
- Provide guidance/expertise to existing teams and manage cross-functional partnerships to build necessary programs, track sustainability attributes, restaurant KPIs, supply chain KPIs.
- Responsible for implementing parts of environmental sustainability budget related to consulting engagement/s on equipment initiatives.
- Manages appropriate dashboards, complex qualitative and quantitative analyses, and training, as well as coordination, agendas, and presentation materials for senior leadership and cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Implements and executes operational plans.
- Follows and improves, but also significantly develops new procedures, frequently in work that hasn’t been done before at Domino’s.
- Addresses mostly defined challenges, with some broad/ambiguous aspects, with impact on equipment, restaurants, and supply chain centers.
- Responsible for sharing information, inspiring teammates, and influencing cross-functional partners, sometimes negotiating with consultants. Manages work with others both on shared and opposing interests (e.g., needs to influence expanded scope of action or alignment on shorter implementation timelines).
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Environmental) Sustainability, Engineering, or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with (environmental) sustainability, preferably in the food & beverage industry or related consulting.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, with an ability to develop accurate, transparent, and consistent metrics (experience in ESG metrics and/or public company reporting a plus).
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and be able to articulate the business case for change.
- Subject matter expertise and understanding of environmental issues – carbon accounting, corporate responsibility, community involvement, human rights, sustainable supply chain management, risk-management, etc.
- Expertise and experience on the policies, methods and/or approaches for measuring and mitigating GHG emissions.
- Ability to execute, prioritize and drive multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills in English and preferably at least one of the following languages: Dutch, German or French.
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of the organization and communicate effectively.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Must be a team player and work well in cross functional teams and different cultures.
- A flexible, hands-on ‘can do’ attitude in an environment with a lot of ambiguity is key
What can you expect from us?
- An outstanding opportunity to work for a world leading QSR.
- Challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions.
- An international dynamic workplace, where ‘’sell more pizza, have more fun’’ is more than just a motto.
- 25 vacation days per year with full-time employment.
- An informal working atmosphere with a slice of pizza here and there.
- A good conversation in which we can tell you a lot more about this!
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 23th. We are looking forward to receiving your application.