FairMatch Support – Transition Manager Agricultural Supply Chain Medior/ Senior (Gesloten)
Hours:32 – 40 per week
Starting date: ASAP
Application:In English consisting of CV and motivational letter using the application form
FairMatch Support is a dynamic and entrepreneurial team of passionate professionals. We develop sustainable agri supply chains in which we balance concrete market demand with fair and sustainable principles. Co-creation and long-term collaboration are key in our programme set-ups. We believe that sustainable production and a fair profit distribution for everyone involved in global supply chains is not only possible but also necessary.
We operate from our offices in The Netherlands (Amersfoort), West Africa (Bobo Dioulasso) and Central Asia (Bishkek).
We have a vacancy for a new colleague in Amersfoort:
A transition manager agricultural supply chains (medior /senior)
You are an enthusiastic change-driver able to work with a variety (public, NGO and/or private) of stakeholders.
You have management skills and a talent for working across all levels of the agricultural supply chain, understanding timing and the value chain.
You initiate ideas for projects that create new business models with various stakeholders.
You are familiar in writing proposals, and you support the development and implementation of the project, enabling parties and stakeholders to flourish and report on the obtained results.
Therefore you will need to have a thorough understanding of international supply chains mechanisms and have a clear vision on how to improve sustainability in the supply chain between farmer and retail.
Currently we work on supply chain development in amongst others fruit (Sierra Leone), cashew (Benin, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso) and rice (Côte d’Ivoire).
You are a pro-active and energetic professional who connects to people easily, committed to making international food supply chains more sustainable.
You bring a strong track record of international stakeholder and relationship management, focusing on goals, yet flexible in how to get there. You are willing and able to travel regularly (1 week per 2 months)
We are looking for a new colleague with the following qualifications:
- BSC/MSC degree in agricultural sciences
- over 5 years experience in sustainable supply chain development is a must, either in a company or as a consultant in the agrifood sector;
- extensive network in the agri- and food business sector is a must;
- commercial mind-set, understand (agri) business economics;
- conceptual thinker who does not shy away from practical, hands-on tasks;
- writing skills is a must;
- excellent in English and French.
- A challenging position in a small, dynamic team in an international environment;
- Competitive salary related to knowledge and experience;
- A good pension scheme and other fringe benefits.
Application is closed.
Commercial inquiries and applications (via intermediary) regarding to this vacancy are not appreciated.