Triodos is looking for a:
Investment Manager Triodos Renewables Europe Fund.
Triodos Renewables Europe Fund has the ambition to accelerate the energy transition by investing in projects and initiatives that contribute to combating climate change in Europe. Current investments are in 23 wind and solar projects across seven countries in Europe. In the strategy a broader approach is pursued including energy efficiency and energy flexibility investments.
In order to reinforce the team Triodos Investment Management is looking for an ambitious individual to fulfil the position of:
Triodos Renewables Europe Fund
(36 – 40 hours a week)
After fulfilment of this position, the fund team will consist of a Fund Manager, three Senior Investment Managers, an Investment Manager and an Investment Analyst. You will play a direct role in increasing the impact of the fund through sourcing, negotiating and managing new investments as well as optimising the performance and composition of the investment portfolio. You will report directly to the Fund Manager.
- Evaluate and develop investment opportunities that fit with the mission of Triodos Bank in general and the mandate of the fund through active relationship management with existing and new partners;
- Write investment proposals including modelling and deal structuring in order to obtain investment approval;
- Manage the execution of the deal by negotiating transaction documentation, performing due diligence, working with developers / co-investor(s), technical advisors, tax and legal advisors, accountants, debt providers (banks), and notaries.
- Monitor your portfolio companies reporting on risk management, valuation and impact;
- Take actions to optimise the value of investments in the portfolio(s), applying best practice and procurement efficiencies;
- Represent the fund in its role as investor in projects with an eye for new opportunities;
- Become a thought leader in specific areas within the Energy and Climate team contributing to the collective knowledge base.
This is you:
You understand developments in the energy transition, preferably in an international environment and are familiar with an investment process from origination to closing. You have worked on associated documentation achieving solutions within mandate and acceptable for prospective investees.
You are used to manage relationships and have the affinity and personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos Bank as well as the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities.
- 4-6 years working experience of which at least 3 years of experience in project finance, project equity and /or M&A, preferably in an international environment;
- Academic degree, preferably Business Administration / Business law / Economics;
- Excellent skills in preparing investment proposals and reviewing financial models in an asset finance, M&A or private equity context;
- Proven experience in execution of investments in an asset finance or private equity context;
- Experience with coordinating and working with external advisors (i.e. legal, tax, financial and technical).
- A result-oriented, self-starting entrepreneurial work attitude, used to work in multidisciplinary teams across companies and countries;
- Inquisitive by nature with a passion for new developments in the energy sector and the ability to convert this into investment opportunities for the fund;
- A solution focussed attitude, getting-yes-mentality, pragmatic and with good business sense;
- Fluent in English (orally and in writing), preferably also in Dutch; knowledge of other languages (Spanish, French) is an advantage;
- Cross cultural sensitivity;
- Willingness to travel within Europe on a regular basis (once per month).
The position is based in Zeist, the Netherlands, and applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Who we are:
Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a globally recognised leader in impact investment. The business has grown based on deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. Triodos Investment Management currently manages 17 funds (totalling over EUR 4,4 billion) investing in both Europe and emerging markets.
More information? See www.triodos-im.com/energy-and-climate.
You want to make a difference:
As a sustainable organisation it is our priority to invest pro-actively in your personal and professional development. You will be working in a professional, informal and transparent atmosphere and be a member of an international team which will motivate you to perform and develop your personal and professional goals. We offer a working environment within a growing organisation where there is room for personal ideas, initiatives and balance.
In addition to this we offer:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of;
- 28 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week, and the opportunity to purchase 2 extra weeks;
- (personal) training and development opportunities;
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home;
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work;
- an attractive pension scheme;
- a bike scheme.
For more information about this position or if you want to apply please send your application (including motivation letter) before January 21th 2019, to the attention of Annick Schmeddes from Sustainable Talent, email@example.com (www.sustainabletalent.nl) or call +31 6 54392115
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for marketing purposes.