Junior Carbon Portfolio Analyst (gesloten)
32 – 40 hr per week
Juultje de Groot
Junior Carbon Portfolio Analyst
Do you want to work for a dynamic and fast-growing company in a market with great future perspectives and, at the same time, make impact regarding climate issues? Are you able to combine business and idealism? Do you want to work for an organization where new challenges occur every day? Climate Neutral Group offers you this opportunity.
About Climate Neutral Group
Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is a fast-growing organization with a clear purpose: to enhance the Net Zero journey to combat climate change. Since its foundation in 2002, Climate Neutral Group has been stimulating organizations in Climate-Neutral entrepreneurship: from A to Zero CO2 emissions. Very recently, CNG merged with Anthesis Group.
CNG helps organizations to get insight in their CO2 emissions, to reduce their emissions and to offset their residual emissions and to substantiate their climate neutral claims through our Climate Neutral Certification Program. Climate Neutral Group has grown strongly in recent years. More information can be found at: www.climateneutralgroup.com/en
About the role
In the role as (junior) Carbon Portfolio Analyst you will be part of the Carbon Portfolio Team of Climate Neutral Group (CNG). The Carbon Portfolio team is a growing team that currently consists of three and is responsible for the purchase of high-impact carbon projects and optimisation of the carbon portfolio of CNG.
Within this team you will be responsible for monitoring the developments in the voluntary carbon market and analysis of the carbon portfolio of CNG. You will support the contracting of new high-impact carbon projects as well as the preparation of various project documents. As (junior) Carbon Portfolio Analyst you combine market insights with the specifics of CNG’s diverse portfolio of projects. You will work a lot with your own team as well as the Carbon Advisors.
- Market analysis: qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of the (development of) the voluntary carbon market. This includes:
- price developments
- tendencies towards project types (e.g. in line with the Oxford Offsetting Principles)
- international carbon offsetting standards
- trading platforms
- changes in (inter)national regulations (such as the Paris Agreement or implementation of carbon taxes).
- Provide regular updates to the team.
- Analysis of the carbon portfolio of CNG, including assessment of positions for specific carbon projects
- Assist in defining the carbon purchase strategy of CNG
- Building and maintaining relationships with carbon project developers
- Support in the sourcing and contracting of new carbon projects
- Cooperate with the Carbon Advisors to prepare winning carbon offset propositions for (prospective) customers
- Prepare project documentation for projects in CNG’s portfolio
Profile and experience:
- A University Master degree, preferably in Business/Economics/Environmental Services
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset, able to identifyopportunities and willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrated belief in and commitment to climate change mitigation and broader sustainability objectives
- 0-2 years of (commercial) experience
- Excellent analytical skills including high level of numeracy, competency with Excel and, as an advantage, financial literacy
- You like to work in a dynamic, changing and challenging environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers, clients and team members
- Excellent written and oral command of English. Fluency in Dutch and/or Spanish is advantageous
- Experience with an international environment is an advantage
- National, or holder of a valid required work visa in The Netherlands
- Resident of or willing to relocate to The Netherlands
What Climate Neutral Group offers you:
The team of CNG consists of colleagues who, based on their intrinsic motivation and expertise, are committed to reducing the climate problem. With a passionate and result-oriented team we know how to create an inspiring, dynamic and challenging working environment. An environment in which you can continue to develop both as a person and as a professional.
Furthermore there is a:
- Market conform salary for (junior) Carbon Portfolio Analyst.
- Participation in Pension scheme.
- 25 holiday (full time) and Possibility to buy additional holidays.
- 100% reimbursement for commuting with public transport
- Flexible working hours and (partly) working from home are possible.
- MS Surface computer and cell phone.
- An informal working atmosphere, periodic knowledge sessions and company outings.
Information and procedure:
The role is for a minimum of 32 hours a week and CNG is based in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Please note: Your application will be considered when the following conditions are met:
- authorized to work in NL (in possession of a valid working permit)
- an English cover letter and CV are included.:
Application is closed.