Communications Manager – Aquaculture Stewardship Council (gesloten)
Communications Manager – Aquaculture Stewardship Council
ASC is the acronym for Aquaculture Stewardship Council, an independent not for profit organisation. The ASC was founded in 2010 by WWF and IDH (Dutch Sustainable Trade Initiative) to manage global standards for responsible aquaculture, which have been developed by the Aquaculture Dialogues, a program of roundtables initiated and coordinated by WWF.
The ASC aims to be the world’s leading certification and labelling programme for responsibly farmed seafood. The ASC is a global organisation working with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to promote the best environmental and social choice in seafood. The ASC’s aquaculture certification programme and seafood label recognises and rewards responsible aquaculture.
Working with partners, the ASC runs an exciting and ambitious programme to transform the world’s seafood markets and promote the best environmental and social aquaculture performance. Our standards seek to increase the availability of certified responsible seafood. The ASC’s credible consumer logo assures compliance and makes it easy for everyone to take part.
ASC receives income from certificate holders in the form of a percentage of total sales of certified product sold with the ASC logo. The use of the logo is optional and it not a requirement of becoming ASC certified.
More general information on the organisation, click on ASC and on 15 facts about the ASC.
ASC Netherlands is based in Utrecht, and working with Dutch partners is essential. Working from home is possible. It is a mission driven team. For every role within the organisation it is essential to both work strategically, as to have an hands-on, do-it-yourself mentality. In reaching our mission we use a strong learning agility.
About the job
In order to further drive success of the programme in the Netherlands, we are seeking a dynamic, hands-on Communications Manager. In close collaboration with the General Manager for the Netherlands and in alignment with the ASC Global Marketing & Communication Strategy, the Marketing & Communications Manager will increase the public profile of the ASC programme and its logo in the Dutch market.
As Communications Manager you will have the exciting and challenging task of developing and implementing a comprehensive Communications Strategy, monitoring and improving the ASC Dutch website and social media channels, creating digital media materials targeted to diverse audiences and managing emerging issues in social media and beyond. You will also lead on traditional media work.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic communication professional with a vision on how to increase consumer engagement around our mission.
- Develop and execute, in close collaboration with the General Manager for the Netherlands and the global Marketing and Communications Team, a Communications Strategy that supports growth of the programme in the country (including tactics for key audiences, channels and issue management).
- Lead on establishing and growing Dutch ASC social media channels (Facebook and Instagram) by creating content relevant to key audiences
- Improving and updating the ASC’s Dutch website nl.asc-aqua.org, as well as creating content for it.
- Community management: monitor, respond and participate in relevant social media conversations
- Media activities: monitor media channels to identify opportunities to position the ASC programme, write press releases and respond to media inquiries.
- Issue management: lead on issues management communications including development of Q&As and key messages to address areas of concern.
- Strategic development of (social and consumer) media partly together with commercial partners and non-commercial partners.
- Monitoring and analysing of the performance of ASC’s digital platforms.
- A degree in a relevant field (marketing, media or communications), advanced degree or equivalent, preferred, as well as strong and relevant working experience in a similar role.
- General communications professional with experience in digital marketing, website and social media management and preferably SEO.
- Ability to translate complex and technical content into non-expert and exciting messages for the selected audiences across diverse channels.
- Advanced IT skills. Experience in using CMS tools, analytical programmes (Google Analytics, Kissmetrics) or engagement tools (HootSuite). Experience with graphic programs (Photoshop, InDesign etc.) an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch (mother tongue) and English.
- Ability to build effective relationships with our stakeholders, with a people-centred and consultative approach to business and work essential.
- Experience of delivering communications focused on environmental and (seafood) sustainability issues an advantage.
- Strong project management, planning and time-management skills.
- Pro-active, articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious: ability to get results and to be persistent and enthusiastic in achieving these.
- Self-motivated and comfortable to work independently with a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Affinity with and interest in the ASC’s mission and values and above all a positive, enthusiastic and fun colleague to work with
We offer a position (starting with a 1 year contract) in a smart engaged and relevant sustainability global actor in the global food and fish farming industry. Working hours are 36-40hr per week. Remuneration is market conform to social enterprise.
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (in English) via firstname.lastname@example.org before February 21th.
First round of interviews with recruiter Thursday February 24th. Second round of interviews at ASC.
Please also send us a text example in Dutch that you have written (e.g. a page for a website, a text for a social media campaign or an advert), preferably for a consumer audience.