Monitoring & Evaluation Officer/ Data-Analyst (closed)
> 24-32 hr per week
Marloes van Oorspronk
Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is currently looking for an:
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer / Data-Analyst
Do you want to work for a dynamic and growing company in a market with great future perspectives and, at the same time, make impact regarding climate issues? Can you combine business and
idealism? Do you want to work for an organization where challenges differ every
day? Climate Neutral Group offers you this opportunity.
About Climate Neutral Group
Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is a fast-growing organization with a clear purpose:to enhance the Net Zero journey to combat climate change. Since its foundation in 2002, Climate Neutral Group has been stimulating organizations in Climate-Neutral entrepreneurship: from A to Zero CO2 emissions. Very recently, CNG merged with Anthesis Group.
CNG helps organizations to get insight in their CO2 emissions, to reduce their emissions and to offset their residual emissions and to substantiate their climate neutral claims through our Climate Neutral Certification Program. Climate Neutral Group has grown strongly in recent years. More information can
be found at: www.climateneutralgroup.com/en
CNG’s certification program on climate neutrality went live on the 1st of January 2021. This Climate
Neutral Certification Program is unique in the sense that it is the first scheme that A) enforces gradual reduction of greenhouse gases, and B) checks if the reduction targets are really achieved through 3rd party independent verification. For more information about the program, see here.
CNG’s certification program was endorsed by ISEAL, the overarching organisation overseeing certification schemes, also in 2021. ISEAL requires its members to follow the ISEAL Codes of Good Practise, which requires CNG to continuously reflect on the impact the program is making. Now the first audits have taken place, and as a second major step for improvement, CNG wishes to establish and
implement a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) System. This system should be fully operational by 2024, meaning this project is divided into two phases: Phase 1 has started and focusses on a manual, excel-based system. Phase 1 aims to generate ‘lessens learned’, to be used for phase 2, an automated
Tasks of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer / Data-Analyst
CNG currently has a vacancy for a M&E Officer to support the Certification Team with M&E-related tasks. This is really a data-crunching role: you will lead the process of audit data collection, clustering and review of this data, and generating output so that the Certification Team can report on the impact
of the certification program and can implement improvements across all involved teams.
In the near future, you will explore opportunities for an automated system for which you will use your acquired knowledge and experience to define user requirements and technical needs.
- Finetuning the (draft) Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) on A) client performance and B) program impact;
- Design and implementation of an Excel based tool (M&E spreadsheet) to process audit data for the definedKPIs;
- Exploring opportunities and technical requirements for an automated system;
- Data collection, processing and review of audit data from audit reports;
- Data input in the Excel based tool (and in the future in the automated system) for all KPIs, drafting conclusions and defining recommendations for improvement;
- Together with our Communication Team, developing annual impact reports which we will make public on our website;
- Any other tasks to support the Certification Team.
to contribute to combating climate change;
- Recently graduated from an university or HBO institute, e.g. in the field of environmental studies or a more technical study, or appr 1 – 2 years of working experience, preferably in an M&E related role;
- Highly analytical, a self-starter, and a real tech-geek;
- Advanced Excel skills (must);
- Excellent written and oral command of English. Fluency in Dutch, German, French and/or Spanish are advantageous;
- Experience working in international teams is an advantage;
- Valid work visa for The Netherlands.
More about Climate Neutral Group
- The Climate Neutral Group has been a B-Corp since 2015 and an ISEAL Community
Member since 2021, and seeks profit through purpose;
- CNG employees work from the belief that professionalism and idealism go hand in hand. The core values of CNG are: Professional, innovative, focused, with ownership and learning capacity. They do this in an informal way and with humour;
- A CNG employee is professional, goal-oriented, authentic, positive and honest. They are intrinsically motivated, ambitious, passionate and proud to work on business solutions to the climate problem;
- CNG offers excellent options for further personal development.
More information and application procedure
This vacancy is closed, you can no longer apply.