Senior Sustainability Consultant
32-40 hr per week
MVO/Sustainability Manager, consultant, agrifood, scope 3, footprint, carbon, scale-up, climate change
Do you want to work for a dynamic and growing company in a market with great future perspectives and, at the same time, make impact regarding climate issues? Can you combine business and idealism? Do you want to work for an organization where challenges differ every day? Climate Neutral Group offers you this opportunity.
About Climate Neutral Group
Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is a fast-growing organization with a clear purpose: to enhance the Net Zero journey to combat climate change. Since its foundation in 2002, Climate Neutral Group has been stimulating organizations in Climate-Neutral entrepreneurship: from A to Zero CO2 emissions. CNG recently merged with Anthesis Group.
CNG helps organizations to get insight in their CO2 emissions, to reduce their emissions and to offset their residual emissions and to substantiate their climate neutral claims through our Climate Neutral Certification Program. Climate Neutral Group has grown strongly in recent years. More information can be found at: www.climateneutralgroup.com/en
Climate Neutral Group became part of Anthesis in 2022. Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
The company brings together 1000+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
Summary of role
You have demonstrable experience (>10 years) as a consultant, of which >5 years in the field of climate change. You have well-developed social skills that enable you to easily interact with different levels and disciplines within organizations and ensure commitment from the management and relevant managers and involvement from all employees. You know how to maintain contacts with existing customers. In collaboration with our sales department you know how to recruit follow-up processes from existing customers and possibly acquire new customers.
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate GHG emissions accounting across multiple sectors, preferably including the agricultural or manufacturing sector, acquired either in-house or in a consultancy environment
- Proficiency in calculating and reporting scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, with demonstrated experience in key topic areas, including setting inventory boundaries, accounting for renewable energy, and accounting for supply chain emissions using multiple approaches (LCA/Product Carbon Footprint, supplier-specific data)
- Demonstrated experience in conducting GHG inventories with organizations across multiple sectors (retail, manufacturing, financial, energy, etc.)
- Familiarity with carbon accounting and reporting standards and programs (e.g., ISO 14064, GHG Protocol, TCFD)
- Knowledgeable about current and emerging policy and regulatory drivers of GHG emissions disclosure and management. Preferred experience includes familiarity with SBTi’s
Knowledge, Education, and Desired Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate has previous experience in the (agri)food or manufacturing industry and is preferably interested in customers who are working with scope 3
- Relevant university education, e.g. in the direction of: Food Technology, Product Design, Industrial Ecology, Industrial Engineering (Technical Business Administration), Energy Engineering, Sustainable Energy Technology, Climate studies, Business Administration, Agrarian studies, Sustainability Science and Policy or comparable master’s programs
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Strong communication and consulting skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Excellent written and oral command of English. Fluency in Dutch is advantageous
- Team player within a growing team
- Shows seniority and has strong social skills
What Climate Neutral Group offers you:
Are you eager to help shape a young, dynamic consultancy team? And would you like to be able to influence your own role, developing propositions and to ‘coach’ junior and medior consultants?
The team consists of colleagues who, based on their intrinsic motivation and expertise, are committed to reducing the climate problem. With this passionate team we know how to create an inspiring, dynamic and challenging working environment and as a senior consultant you will play an active role in shaping this team. CNG thrives to offer an environment in which you can continue to develop as a person and as a professional.
We offer you:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- The CNG consultancy academy
- Pension scheme (with limited personal contribution)
- Possibility to purchase additional vacation days
- Working for appealing (international) clients and clients (on projects that really matter) at a certified B corporation since 2015
- Flexible working hours and (partly) working from home are possible
- MS Surface computer and mobile phone
- An informal working atmosphere, periodic knowledge sessions and company outings
To respond: please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, our recruiter for Climate Neutral Group Netherlands.
The second and third round of interviews will take place at Climate Neutral Group. References will be requested for consultation.
We will operate a continuous recruitment process, so early application is favorable.
Start date: as soon as possible.
For questions about this position, please contact Eva Haanraadts or Sustainable Talent at 030-8882050
Please note: Your application will be considered when the following conditions are met:
- authorized to work in NL (in possession of a valid working permit)
- a Dutch or English cover letter and CV are included