Standards Assurance and Verification Manager (gesloten)
> 32-40hr per week
Marloes van Oorspronk
Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is currently looking for an:
Standards Assurance and Verification Manager
Do you want to work for a dynamic and growing company in a market with great future perspectives and, at the same time, make impact regarding climate issues? Can you combine business and idealism? Do you want to work for an organization where challenges differ every day? Climate Neutral Group offers you this opportunity.
About Climate Neutral Group
Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is a fast-growing organization with a clear purpose: to enhance the Net Zero journey to combat climate change. Since its foundation in 2002, Climate Neutral Group has been stimulating organizations in Climate-Neutral entrepreneurship: from A to Zero CO2 emissions. Very recently, CNG merged with Anthesis Group.
CNG helps organizations to get insight in their CO2 emissions, to reduce their emissions and to offset their residual emissions and to substantiate their climate neutral claims through our Climate Neutral Certification Program. Climate Neutral Group has grown strongly in recent years. More information can be found at: www.climateneutralgroup.com/en
CNG’s certification program on climate neutrality went live on the 1st of January 2021. This Climate Neutral Certification Program is unique in the sense that it is the first scheme that A) enforces gradual reduction of greenhouse gases, and B) checks if the reduction targets are really achieved through 3rd party independent verification by accredited Certification Bodies (CBs). For more information about the program, see here.
CNG’s certification program was endorsed by ISEAL, the overarching organisation overseeing certification schemes, also in 2021. ISEAL requires its members to follow the ISEAL Codes of Good Practise, which requires CNG to continuously reflect on -and improve- the impact the program is making. Now the first audit season is nearly completed, and as a second major step for improvement, CNG wishes to establish and implement a CB Support & Oversight System, to support and oversee the audit and certification activities done by independent Certification Bodies (CBs), i.e. to continuously maximise CB performance and to protect the credibility of the program, while keeping the audit and certification process pragmatic and cost-efficient.
Tasks of the Standards Assurance and Verification Manager
CNG currently has a vacancy for a Standards Assurance and Verification Manager. The role is to manage, oversee and support the Certification Bodies (CBs) and their auditing teams, responsible for conducting independent audits against the Climate Neutral Standard. This is a senior role: You will oversee CB performance, build capacity where needed, and support all actors involved throughout the audit and certification process. This means you will have to become an expert on the content of the program’s core documents being the Standard, Assurance Protocol and Trademark & Claims Policy.
- CB capacity: assuring sufficient audit capacity is aligned with audit demand;
- CB training: capacity building of CBs and their staff, to assure audits are conducted in accordance with Program Documents and the spirit of the program;
- CB approval: reviewing CB and auditor compliance with eligibility criteria stipulated in the Assurance Protocol;
- CB support: supporting CBs and CB staff e.g. answering questions that come up during the audit and certification process (i.e. related to the content of the Standard, Assurance Protocol and/ or Trademark & Claims Policy);
- CB alignment: assuring the different CBs are aligned in the way they judge client compliance;
- CB monitoring: establishing and implementing a system to monitor and evaluate CB and auditor performance including audit reviews and ‘shadow audits’.
- Passionate to contribute to combating climate change;
- Acquired 7+ years of relevant working experience, ideally in an auditing or oversight role for another certification scheme, a Certification Body or an ISEAL member;
- Familiar with the ISEAL Codes,
- Familiar with CB accreditation (ISO 14065, ISO 17021 and/ or ISO 17065);
- Track record that proves you understand the world of auditing and certification;
- Highly analytical, a real relationship builder, culturally and strategically sensitive, and a self-starter;
- Knowledge of GHG footprinting and Life Cycle Assessments (GHG Protocol, PAS 2060, ISO 14064-1/-3, ISO 14044, etc) is a real advantage;
- Excellent written and oral command of English. Fluency in Dutch, German, French and/or Spanish are advantageous;
- Valid work visa for The Netherlands.
More about Climate Neutral Group
- The Climate Neutral Group has been a B-Corp since 2015 and an ISEAL Community Member since 2021, and seeks profit through purpose;
- CNG employees work from the belief that professionalism and idealism go hand in hand. The core values of CNG are: Professional, innovative, focused, with ownership and learning capacity. They do this in an informal way and with humour;
- A CNG employee is professional, goal-oriented, authentic, positive and honest. They are intrinsically motivated, ambitious, passionate and proud to work on business solutions to the climate problem;
- CNG offers excellent options for further personal development.
This job is no longer available